Humanitarian Alternatives is pleased to announce our partnership with CartONG for the 7th edition of the GeONG Forum. You will find below all the useful information to participate and prepare this event!
Registration to the 2020 GeOnG Forum, taking place from November 2nd to 3rd, 2020 is now officially open! Please take 2 minutes to fill out the GeOnG registration form to attend this year’s edition.
For the first time ever, the forum will take place online. Expect a few twists: more participants, many live sessions alongside a video library of short presentations, and most of the content accessible for free!
This year, we also hope to welcome a more diverse audience. To this end, we’re doing a big push to improve accessibility to the forum for Global South actors and organizations. Learn more about it here and feel free to share the information around!
We are very pleased to announce that Ben Parker, Senior Editor at The New Humanitarian will be opening the event as keynote speaker. You can learn more about the organizations expected to attend here.
We’ve scheduled 10 roundtables and an experience-sharing session on the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on data practices in the aid sector.
The GeOnG team will also strive to offer a selection of 15+ online workshops as well as 20+ short presentations on a wide range of topics related to the theme of the 2020 edition: "People at the heart of Information Management: promoting responsible and inclusive practices". The full agenda is available here.
- Our biggest edition so far: 500 participants expected online!
- Free access to the majority of the content of the forum
- A wide diversity of stakeholders: NGOs, IOs, donors, Global South actors, universities and more!
- Watch and engage with sessions live or on your own time
- Schedule time to network with fellow attendees and GeOnG sponsors & partners
- Be part of the conversation on responsible data and more inclusive data management practices!
Stay tuned by signing up to the GeOnG newsletter here.