On 11 September, ICVA and PHAP will organize the fifth and final session in the learning stream on the humanitarian-development-peace nexus. After having explored how the three main types of actors in this nexus view the current processes and discussions, join us for a discussion on how donors are approaching the issue.
The event will feature Barbara Lecq from the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Hugh Macleman from the OECD, and Barnaby Willits-King from the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) and will focus in on questions such as:
- How would donors like to see humanitarian, development, and peace work coming together in all phases of the programming cycle – including assessments, planning, prioritization, programming, and funding allocations?
- How do donors view the humanitarian principles, the SDGs, and UN reform in this context?
- How are donors considering to reform their own funding behaviors to enable the changes they would like to see?
Tuesday, 11 September 2018
|New York:||04:30 - 06:00|
|London:||09:30 - 11:00|
|Geneva:||10:30 - 12:00|
|Amman:||11:30 - 13:00|
|Nairobi:||11:30 - 13:00|
|Bangkok:||15:30 - 17:00|
|Manila:||16:30 - 18:00|
To see when the live session will take place in your time zone, click here.
Target audience and event access
All practitioners interested in humanitarian policy issues, but particularly targeted to NGO staff.
In order to join the event, please register in advance at phap.org/11sep2018-register
|Hugh Macleman Policy Advisor & Head of the INCAF Secretariat, Crises and Fragility, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD|
|Barbara Lecq Protracted Crises Adviser, UK Department for International Development (DFID)|
|Barnaby Willitts-King Senior Research Fellow, Overseas Development Institute (ODI)|
|Angharad Laing Executive Director, PHAP|
|Melissa Pitotti Director of Policy, ICVA|
- Jenks, Bruce and Jennifer Topping, “Financing the UN Development System: Pathways to Reposition for Agenda 2030”, Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation and United Nations MPTF Office, September 2017.
- Good Humanitarian Donorship (GHD), “Humanitarian-development nexus workstream resources”.
- OECD, "International Network on Conflict and Fragility ”.
- OECD, "Humanitarian, development coherence: World Humanitarian Summit putting Policy into practice", The commitments into action series. 2017
Learning stream on the humanitarian-development-peace nexus
As part of the learning stream on the humanitarian-development-peace nexus, this event will be the last session of five live interactive online learning events that ICVA and PHAP will be organizing in the coming months. The purpose of these sessions is to provide NGOs and aid workers with a stronger understanding of the efforts to overcome the divide between the humanitarian, development, and – when appropriate – peace communities.
PHAP Credentialing Program
|Understanding the Humanitarian Ecosystem This event will help you prepare for the PHAP Credentialing Program certification in Understanding the Humanitarian Ecosystem. The event will address some aspects of segments 1.4, 1.5, and 2.6 of the certification assessment outline. Read more about the PHAP Credentialing Program|